Under daylight conditions, the Samsung NX30 does a pretty good job concerning auto white balancing. It has difficulties to cope with energy saving bulbs at the ceiling, though. Fortunately it provides manual white balance, too. The manual is a bit fuzzy about its usage, though. Here’s how to do it:
- At the rear ring, press WB.
- Use the ring to select custom white balance instead of any of the presets.
- Do not confirm your selection by pressing the »OK« button.
- Instead, press »DISP« while the menu ist still open. A small rectangle will appear at the center of the screen.
- Shoot some white plane, e.g. a sheet of paper.
That’s it. The white plane should now appear as white in the preview display and you are ready to shoot as usual.