Klangwelten is celebrating its 25th birthday, and we just attended the concert at the Tollhaus in Karlsruhe, where I already heard them two years ago. The event was just marvellous. Park Stickney’s instrument sounded more like a guitar than a harp, the singing of Katajaq (Inuuk) was more than impressive, Enkh Jargal’s singing and playing was just outstanding, Augus Wahyu Rhythm Explosion added liveliness (not to mention the great acoustic bass), and Terrence Ngassa really knows how to treat the trumpet.
There are several further tour dates. In case you have a chance to attend, do not hesitate – you won’t regret. And hurry up – Tollhaus was well crowded, and some of the concerts are already sold out!
- Rüdiger Oppermann (Europe) – Harps, Morin Khoor
- Katajaq Duo (Canada) – Inuit singing
- Enkh Jargal Dandarvaanchig (Mongolia): Dinging, Violin
- Park Stickney (New York): Harp
- Terrence Ngassa (Cameroon ) – Jazz Trumpet
- Agus/Wahyu Rhythm Explosion (Java) – Gendang drums
- Jatinder Thakur (INdia) – Tablas
Once again, thanks guys and girls for an enjoyable evening.
Edit: A couple of samples are available online: