As in 2016, 2017, and 2018, I once again was allowed to play a short concert for my family at the Dubois organ, Wissembourg. Since I was not content with last year’s performance, I had to completely alter my practicing practices. I’m still not where I’d like to be – weaknesses I do not notice at home quickly become audible at the historic instrument.
Here’s this year’s menu:
- Michel Corrette – Premier Livre d’Orgue (1737) – Concert de Flûtes
- Johann Pachelbel – Chaconne
- Louis-Nicolas Clérambault – Premier Livre d’Orgue – Plein Jeu
- Louis-Nicolas Clérambault – Premier Livre d’Orgue – Duo
- Louis-Nicolas Clérambault – Premier Livre d’Orgue – Récit de Nazard
- Jean Babtiste Lully – Armide, Acte 5, Scène 1 (LWV 71, 1686) – Passacaille
I’m still far away from performing the Passacaille (sheet music release here) as elegantly as with the linked orchestral version. But without the new practises, I even had not been able to reach what I achieved so far.
So, am I content? No. Am I uncontent? No, I’m just on track :) .